June 29, 2017

Welcome Jedidiah David!

I missed the last couple "bump" updates but that's ok because our little guy has officially joined the family!

On June 12, I had my doctor appointment; Brad & Amelia were able to join & listen to the heartbeat. I was only dilated 1 cm but my doctor wanted to schedule an induction date because of my history with Amelia & her getting stuck. He had already scheduled us for Wednesday.

Tuesday night we had dinner at my parents house so we could drop off the dogs and Amelia. Brad & I went home & tried to get some sleep, but we were to anxious/excited to get a good night's sleep.

Wednesday, June 14 we had to be at the hospital bright & early! We got there around 5am and checked in/registered. The nurses hooked me up to the monitors and my doctor came in around 6am. He inserted the jelly, mentioned that I was at 4cm, and that he'd be back to check me later. Around 7:30 my doctor broke my water. I enjoyed some time in the jaccuzzi tub and ate lots of popsicles. I wasn't dilating very fast so the doctor started pitocin around 9am. At 10:00 am I was definitely starting to feel contractions; from 10:00-1:00 I was feeling contractions and was dilating about a cm an hour.

 My doctor came in around 1:15 and said it was time to push! After 5 pushes Jedidiah was born! The doctor and nurses told me to reach down, I had no idea why and they finally told me to reach down because he was here! The doctors handed me Jedidiah and he snuggled right up. Brad was able to cut the cord and we enjoyed looking at our handsome son. The nurses cleaned him up and measured him- he weighed 9lbs 11 oz and was 21 inches long. He has some hair but it's very light, we're thinking he's going to be blonde like Bradley was.

We spent time doing skin-to-skin and enjoying Jed for awhile. My dad brought Amelia up and we enjoyed our time together as a family of 4. Jedidiah had lots of visitors after our family time.

Random things about Jedidiah's birthday-
+there were 11 tornadoes in Wisconsin on the day he was born. We weren't allowed to change our room because we were under a tornado warning.
+he was born on flag day!

Amelia loves her little brother and was so excited to finally see him. She's smitten with him! Brad & I are blessed to have our little boy and we're loving being a family of 4.

                                                                               



                                                                          Xo, Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment