August 22, 2012

A Little Lake R&R

Over the weekend Bradley & I went to Waupaca to stay with Barb (my m.i.l.) at the cottage she rents. I've been going up there for a day or two with Bradley since we started dating (ooohh.. 9 years ago! [[where has the time gone!?]]). It was a nice relaxing weekend, just hanging out and enjoying the gorgeous weather that Wisconsin (sometimes) has to offer.

-Friday night we went up sometime after work. Brad's brother Matt & his girlfriend Nicole were up there for the day. We spent time down on the dock by the lake, watching Brad & Matt goof off in the kayak. After that it was ice cream time! We always go to Scoopers for the some delicious Cedar Creek Ice Cream! I have my favorite ice cream- Mackinac Island Fudge! <3 It's to diiieee for. However, they only had Mint Mackinac Island Fudge, instead of the regular kind. It still tasted just as delicious though!

-Saturday morning Bradley & I got up & went fishing! Brad caught a bass- 20 inches or something? Then.. I caught a Northern! Brad said it was around 22 inches.. I was still pretty excited! That was the first northern I've caught... Brad wouldn't let me bring the camera with though so we have no photo evidence of the fish. Lame-o. We went into Waupaca and went to Art in the Park and walked around looking at all the cute "tourist" shops. Back at the cottage we hung out at the dock, reading books, sleeping, and swimming in the super cold water. Bbbrrr! We went fishing again Saturday night & I caught a bass.

-Sunday morning was spent fishing, Bradley caught a bass. We had two fish break both of our lines and steal our hooks/bait. Next year fish- BEWARE! I'm coming for you! ;] After fishing it was time to pack up and head home!

It was a great weekend! Lots of time spent talking with family, reading books, and relaxing in the summer sun! A great way to spend the weekend! Here's some pictures of our amazing weekend!

beautiful!

"what do you see dad?!"


"No thanks Mom. I think I'll stay over here.."

"oook.. i come get you!"

Summer Essentials: Towel. Water. Book.

my little fishie!

hehe. Bradley's little guy that was barely on the hook!



XoXo- Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment